Enrollment Terms and Conditions
During the FEDVIP enrollment process you must agree to these terms and conditions to complete your FEDVIP dental and/or vision enrollment.
- I certify that:
- I am eligible to enroll in a dental plan and/or vision plan under the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP).
- Any family members I have added are eligible to enroll.
- I will not be covered under more than one FEDVIP dental and/or FEDVIP vision plan, nor will any of my eligible family members. If I am or any of the eligible family members in my enrollment are covered or will be covered under someone else's FEDVIP dental plan and/or FEDVIP vision plan, I will not proceed with this enrollment.
- All eligible family members are enrolled under one primary enrollment, regardless of their physical location or residence.
- I understand that if I am not eligible to enroll, or any of my family members are not eligible, my plan can change or the enrollment can be canceled immediately, as applicable. Any premiums paid prior to the effective date of the plan change or the cancelation, while covered, will be retained by the insurance carrier and I will not be responsible for repaying benefits received prior to that date.
- I understand that if it is discovered that I am or any of my eligible family members is covered under more than one FEDVIP dental and/or FEDVIP vision plan, one of the enrollments will be canceled. Any premiums paid prior to the effective date of the plan change or cancelation, while covered, will be retained by the insurance carrier, and I will not be responsible for repaying benefits received prior to that date.
- I understand that my FEDVIP plan can ask me for documentation of my eligibility, as well as that of my family members, and I must provide this proof within 60 days of that request. If I do not, or if the documentation is deemed insufficient, my FEDVIP plan may change or my FEDVIP enrollment may be canceled immediately, as applicable. Any premiums paid prior to the effective date of the plan change or the cancelation, while covered, will be retained by the insurance carrier, and I will not be responsible for repaying benefits received prior to that date.
- I understand that:
- My enrollment automatically continues each year, unless I take action to cancel it during the Federal Benefits Open Season (open season).
- During open season, if I wish to cancel my coverage, I must take action by canceling my enrollment via BENEFEDS.com or telephone. If I take no action during open season, my active coverage will continue automatically into the new plan year.
- The opportunities to change or cancel enrollment outside of open season are extremely limited.
- Financial hardship does not allow me to change or cancel my coverage.
- Retirement does not allow me to change or cancel my coverage, with one exception.
Exception note: If a member of the uniformed services retires, his or her family's coverage will be inactivated. In order to have coverage, the sponsor will be required to submit a new enrollment covering the sponsor and his or her family, as applicable.
- I understand that:
- It is my responsibility to notify BENEFEDS via BENEFEDS.com or telephone of any changes that are relevant to my enrollment, including home address and agency, branch, or retirement system changes. I further understand my agency, branch, or retirement system is not responsible for notifying BENEFEDS. Please note, notifications of changes sent with direct payments will not be processed.
- If my premium changes because my home address changes, the new premium rate will be effective the first pay period following the date upon which I notify BENEFEDS of my new address.
- There is no temporary extension of coverage when my FEDVIP coverage ends.
- If it is discovered that there are multiple primary enrollments for one family, all enrollments may be consolidated under one primary enrollment. Any premiums paid prior to the effective date of resulting plan changes or cancelations will be retained by the insurance carrier.
- I may be contacted about other federal benefits.
- You may opt-out of nonadministrative communications at any time.
- In order to continuously improve services provided to federal employees, retirees, members of the uniformed services, and their family members, I may be asked periodically to provide my opinion and feedback regarding BENEFEDS, FEDVIP, or other program-related processes, systems, or services.
- I authorize premium payments to be deducted from my pay, annuity, retirement pay, or bank account, as applicable. I understand that an additional authorization is required to establish a recurring electronic funds transfer (EFT), which BENEFEDS refers to as an automatic bank withdrawal (ABW).
- I understand that plans and premiums are reviewed on an annual basis and I authorize future premium adjustments to my plan, when enrollment continues for the following plan year, to be deducted from my pay, annuity, retirement pay, or bank account, as applicable.
- If deductions cannot be made and BENEFEDS sends me a bill, I understand that I must pay that bill on time. If I do not, I understand that BENEFEDS maintains the right to terminate my enrollment.
- If deductions cannot be made, I understand that BENEFEDS will continue to attempt deductions and, if successful deductions are confirmed, my enrollment may continue and will result in BENEFEDS recouping any past premium due.
- I authorize BENEFEDS to receive information about my Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program enrollment, if any, from my agency, payroll provider, or retirement system, and give it to my FEDVIP plan since, when applicable, the FEHB Program is the first payor of benefits. The FEDVIP plan allowance is the prevailing charge. I am responsible for the difference between FEHB and FEDVIP benefit payments and the FEDVIP plan allowance.