If you currently pay your premiums through payroll deduction and retire, in most cases, you don't need to do anything to begin paying your FLTCIP premiums through your annuity. Once we receive notification from your payroll office of your retirement, we will work with your annuity system to set up premium deductions from your annuity. However, there are some cases when we are not notified. If you have not seen a deduction after two full pay periods, call us at the phone number below.

If you are retiring under CSRS or FERS, premiums for the FLTCIP can't be deducted from your annuity while you're receiving interim payments (sometimes called "special pay"). This means that until OPM finalizes your annuity, we can't take deductions from your annuity to pay your premiums. While you're receiving interim payments, you may pay your premiums either by automatic bank withdrawal (ABW) or by direct bill. Once your annuity is finalized, we will begin deductions from your annuity.

For questions regarding your payroll or annuity deductions, call BENEFEDS customer service at 1-877-888-FEDS (1-877-888-3337) TTY 1-877-889-5680.